Obadina debunks Ogun Labour Party pact with APC, Gov Abiodun - NIGERIAN NEWSORBIT


Friday, March 10, 2023

Obadina debunks Ogun Labour Party pact with APC, Gov Abiodun

The Ogun State House of Assembly candidate under Labour Party for Ikenne local government in the forthcoming March 18 governorship elections, Hon Elias Dayo Obadina has said that the party has nothing to do with the All Progressives Congress (APC) as well as the re-election bid of Gov Dapo Abiodun.

Hon Dayo Obadina while speaking on behalf of other candidates on Friday disclosed that those who were said to have gone to Gov Abiodun yesterday to declare their support for the second term bid of the governor had done that in their individual capacity and not on behalf of the party.

He explained that "there is a  report flying about that Labour Party in Ogun has declared support for APC and Gov Abiodun's second term. Well, I want to debunk this report, I want to say that Labour Party has nothing to do with APC or the second term bid of the governor. 

"Those who went to see the governor on Thursday only did that in their own individual capacity. The truth is that 80% of Labour Party members are with Hon Ladipupo Adebutu, the PDP governorship candidate for the state while the remaining 20% are in support of ADC. Anybody can say anything but what I said is the truth. We have decided to mobilise for the victory of Hon Ladipupo Adebutu and we are confident of victory come March 18".

No comments:

Post a Comment